Monday, May 2, 2011

Hopes for my Daughter

Of course I was one of the millions of people watching the Royal Wedding Friday. I didn't get up at 4 am, but you can bet my DVR was set so when I got up I was ready to watch. I would love to have just an ounce of beauty that Catherine has.

When I was about 15 or 16 I had a huge crush on Price William. While unpacking some boxes about a month ago, I came across some posters and magazine covers I had saved. He was one of my teenage crushes. :-)

Watching the wedding got me thinking about my daughter, Hannah, and her future. She isn't even here yet, but I think like any parent you want the best for your child. I pray she finds her Prince Charming, someone who will take care of her and love her unconditionally.

I hope I do well teaching her right from wrong. I look back on my life, and while I have few regrets, I know these are mistakes I don't want her to repeat. No one is perfect, I know. For me making mistakes is how I learn best.

It is amazing how much you can love someone who isn't here yet. Everyday is one day closer to meeting Hannah, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment